It's been a long day.
After the hour long drive from Venice to Vicenza, we reached the army base where we would be living for the next 10 weeks of summer! We went to go get our base passes, which everyone's picture came out really horribly I believe, and then headed to the hotel where we would be lodging.
Ederle Inn was the name of the hotel that we would all be staying in. It looked as if it was a fairly new building and inside it was very nice, clean, and cozy. We received our room keys and I found out I was going to be rooming with Nina and a girl named Emily from Iowa who was scheduled to arrive later on that night. Our room is on the first floor, which was amazing since we had all of our luggage, and is considered more of a suite! There is a kitchen with a dishwasher, stove top, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and sink when you walk in to the left.
SECRET DISHWASHER!
If you continue walking straight, you hit the living room with a little breakfast table, a coffee table, a desk, tv, and a couch that turns into a bed. Nina chose this room because you kind of get to have your own space, which is nice I must admit.
Through a door, there is another room that has two queen beds, a tv, closets, another desk, and a bathroom with a very awkward looking blow dryer and of course equipped with a bath and shower! Emily and I share this room. She goes to the school at the University of Northern Iowa, is 20 years old, and is also working in Day Camp with Nina and I! So perfect.
It's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I went straight to unpacking and heated up some ramen noodles, that my mom discouraged me from bringing, for dinner. After, I took a shower and headed to bed. Emily had not arrived yet but I was way too exhausted to stay up any longer! That night, Emily arrived around 9pm and I woke up to say hello! I was going to leave her a note but I though that would be too weird. We talked for a few minutes while she was unpacking than I said good night and didn't wake up until 7:30am the next morning. We had to be at work at 8:30am dressed and ready for orientation week. The hotel serves breakfast EVERY morning and includes cereals, muffins, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, and a cappuccino machine that is FREE with our hotel key. Pretty amazing. I will probably wear out my card with the amount of times I will be getting hot chocolate out of the machine.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento