martedì 19 giugno 2012

Lake Garda-Sirmione

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Lake Garda-The Biggest Lake in Italy.

Sunday morning Emily and I woke up at 7:30am and got dressed for a day at the lake. We were both exhausted from the previous day but we dragged ourselves out of bed and headed for the train station. We were traveling to Lake Garda and Sirmione which is a city that borders the lake! The lake is the biggest one in Italy and is a sparkling blue color, surrounded by mountains and is just simply breath-taking. We were pretty much going exploring on our own because we didn't have a game plan. We just wanted to sleep on a beach. The train ride was about 25 minutes long because we took a fast train. When we got to the train station we didn't know which way to go. We couldn't find a map so instead we just followed our senses and walked down a hill until we finally met the lake. It was wonderful.
Such A Lovely Outfit.


There was a light house and we walked down to the end of the dock where we did a self-timer picture. There was a guy with his children walking by when we were about to take it and when we looked at the picture later we noticed him in the background. We were dying.

Photo Bomb To The Max.

There were a few beaches on the lake and most of them were very small and rocky. But, we found a little spot, laid out our towels and fell asleep. The Italian sun is hot. We were sweating like crazy. When we got in the water it was so refreshing because it was so cold, and fresh. It was so relaxing. We stayed on the beach for about 3/4 hours. We packed a lunch for the day, which was nice to have a little picnic. It's funny because there were a lot of kids in the water and it seemed as if none of them had proper bathing suits on. Everyone was either in their underwear or actual clothes that they were wearing on the street just a few minutes ago. It's like Italians don't care, if they are hot and there is water close by, they will swim. I wish America was like that. An Italian girl that goes to camp told me that Italians don't care about being seen in their underwear or naked. Haha.




After having the sun beat down on us for a few hours, we were ready to go exploring a little more and grab some gelato along the way. I of course got my new two favorite flavors stawberry and lemon and Emily followed. As we were walking we found a shop that said "Sweet Sweet Way" and I couldn't help but smile an miss my momma who always reminds me to be sweet sweet. 


<3
We decided to go up a hill to see a castle. When we got up to the top, after a few stairs, we got to see another amazing view. I wish I could live here. The city was not touristy at all and I just fell in love.  


I want to live here.

Lake Garda from above.

Self-Timed Photo.

After visiting the city of Desenzano we took a 20 minute bus ride to the city of Sirmione. It's another city on the lake that is once again, absolutely beautiful. There is a castle on this side of the town along with more little shops, restaurants, and gelato places. I swear, everyone walking the streets had a gelato in their hands.
 The Castle in Sirmione

SHOUT-OUT TO MY SPIRITHUNTERS.
All in all, it was a splendid day on Lake Garda. I am so happy with my life right now and thankful for where I am.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento