martedì 19 giugno 2012

Verona, Italy

Verona

     Saturday morning, Nina, Emily, Morgan, Maggie and I woke up to travel to the home of Juliette. It was our first trip of the Summer and we were all very excited. We took a bus to the train station and bought our train tickets!


Such A Small World.

The train was about an hour long, so not too bad at all. As we were walking out of the train station, someone noticed that we were speaking English and started talking to us. After asking where she was from, we found out she just graduated from University of Florida and was in Italy for the summer working as a nanny! She was in Verona by herself and asked if she could join us which was totally awesome. Her name was Sasha and even though she was a gator, it was so nice meeting her and hanging out with her all day!!


Sasha and I, GO NOLES <3
The first thing we did when we arrived in Verona was take a bus inside the city where we saw the big arena where they hold Operas every year. I hope I will be able to go see one this summer! As we walked around the Arena and took pictures of street performers we found a nice little restaurant to eat at. I of course had another pizza! 






Stepping Out of the Box.

After being refueled with food and drinks we continued our walk to the Casa de Giulietta. On our way we of course stopped for some gelato and I decided to step out of the box an try and different flavor besides cookies. I ordered the Lemon and Strawberry flavor and they are now my favorite. They taste like the frozen lemonades you get at amusement parks only, twenty million times better!




GELATO.

Casa de Giulietta <3

We finally made it to Juliette's House and saw the infamous balcony! It was unreal. You walk under a tunnel and on the walls are loads of names, I am assuming of couples. Then, you see the balcony and of course the statue of Juliette. It is said that if you touch her breast, you will gain fertility. I thought it was for luck so of course we all touched it. There is also a gate with tons of locks that you put on it to signify a relationship lasting forever. So amazing.
Wall of Love.

The Balcony

The Breast of Fertility.

Locks of Love.

The green gum in the middle is mine.

BON BON.



Teatro de Romano.

After leaving, we wandered around to find the Teatro de Romano. On our way we came across a bridge with a river underneath it and a breathtaking background. Later on we climbed to the top of where you see that dome/buildings on the hilltop. It is called the Teatro de Romano and it provided a beautiful view for us over the city of Verona at the top. Although there were a lot of stairs to climb, it was totally worth it. 







Lost in Verona.

It had been a successful day and we were all getting pretty exhausted. We headed back to the bus stop to catch a bus to the train station and then catch a train home but we got a little confused along the way. We didn't really know what bus to get on so we kind of just hopped on one thinking it would go in a big loop and we would end up at the train station somehow but we were wrong. As we were riding, we slowly exited the city of Verona and started heading into the country side, this couldn't be right. So, we got off in a different city and were told to go to the other side of the street to catch the bus. We waited for probably a good 20/30 minutes until a bus finally came and come to find out, it was the SAME bus we got off of to cross the street. I really wish I could speak Italian because it could definitely help out, a lot. We finally made it to the train station, 6 minutes before our train left for Vicenza!

Saturday Night!

It's like we all had Saturday Night Fever when we came home from Verona because we were all ready to go out and dance! We met some friendly army guys on base who took us out to a few clubs and we danced the night away. It was amazing. The only bad thing about the night was that there was no air in the clubs so the amount of sweat was horrendous. Other than that, it was an amazing day.

Emily and I on our first night out, out.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento